We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Legumes are not usually among the favorite dishes of children. However the lentils with chorizo they are an irresistible delicacy for children and parents. We teach you how to make this traditional recipe step by step.
It is a very nutritious recipe, since lentils contain numerous benefits for the health and growth of children: they are rich in iron, phosphorus, vitamin K and B9. Combined with the chorizo we will obtain proteins, and we can obtain more nutrients if we add vegetables such as potatoes, carrots etc.
- 200 gr. lentils
- 1 large carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 leek
- 1 onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1 chorizo
- 1 potato
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- Olive oil
1. The night before, soak the lentils in plenty of water. The next day, drain and reserve.
2. Chop the garlic and onion very finely. Heat oil in a large pot and fry the onion and garlic until golden brown, over low heat.
3. Add the tomato, pepper, carrot and leek, peeled and chopped. Add the paprika and stir well so that it mixes without burning. Cover with cold water until it covers all the vegetables.
4. When it begins to boil, add the lentils, a pinch of salt and cook for half an hour. Add the chorizo in thick slices and the peeled and chopped potato. Cook for half an hour more, stirring from time to time.
5. Taste the salt, rectify if necessary, and serve.
The Children's Guide trick: Add some bay leaves to cook with the lentils, it will give them an aromatic touch.
You can read more articles similar to Lentils with chorizo. Traditional recipe for children, in the category of Legumes on site.